[bookshare-discuss] Re: uploading a book

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:36:09 -0500

Hi Rick,

Don't let not having OCR software slow you down as far as becoming a
volunteer.  Not all volunteers choose to scan, but rather they help with
validating other's scans.  Aside from the benefit of 50 cents per
validation to help defer your membership fee, you get a chance to read
books before they make it into the main library (some of which never make
it there for assorted reasons), and you could certainly help with the list
of over 500 books awaiting acceptance.

Dave