[bookshare-discuss] time duration for phases of processing & publication

  • From: "Captain357" <Captain357@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare-Discuss" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:26:56 -0500

Hi all,

  As a new volunteer and still in processing, member, I have much to learn
and many questions.  I was told this is the place to get allot of great
information, so hello to everybody and here goes with the first question.
Can someone outline the average time it takes for each phase in the
publication process to complete after a book is approved  and uploaded  in
validation?  I have validated books of my own and others awaiting
editing/validation through the past few weeks.  Not a one of these books are
yet available, don't reflect in my account status, and I have received no
acknowledgements on scanned books I've submitted, stating their publication.
Are they just bogged down in a massive workload facing Bookshare?  From what
I've been able to find out, these are some of the phases following
* administrator approval of validated book
* conversion to daisy format
* documenting and getting into Bookshare library for member access
I think Bookshare is a great, long overdue option for BLV people and I'm
trying to get a good understanding of what's involved so I can be as
efficient as possible in getting books to the finish line (available to
members).  Your input on this is much appreciated!

Thanks,

David