[bookshare-discuss] Re: symbls vs words

  • From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 04:58:35 -0500

Sorry, I must have missed your previous post.

The various methods that blind people use to read books are quite flexible so
that, in most cases, a reader can configure their own software to meet their
various needs. So, in answering your question I can only tell you what works
for me, and whatever you prefer to do is up to you.

I personally prefer that picture descriptions begin with the phrase [picture
description] and end with the phrase [end description] or [end picture
description]. A bracketted phrase usually indicates to the reader that a
scannor or proofer is going to give the reader visual feedback that enhances
the reading experience, and is not something the author herself has said.

That's just my take on this.

Make it easy on yourself.

Bob