[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanning help

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:40:51 -0500

Hi Traci!

When I bought my computer and upgraded from DOS to Windows, one of the
pieces of advice I received was not to use an all-in-one scanner/printer
combination. The reasoning being that usually the technology does not have
the most emphasis on the scanning quality. I don't personally know whether
or not this is true, but I heeded that advice and purchased an Epson
scanner. It has worked very well for me.

Recently, I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 and another Epson scanner--an
Epson model V500. It is an even better scanner than my first one. The cost
was $209.00. I do know that there are less expensive scanners out there, but
I wanted to stay with Epson since I've had such good luck with them.

HTH

Blessings.

Lynnsky

  _____