[bookshare-discuss] Re: publisher quality

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John G <john.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

I read the books I validate and rate Excellent word
for word--only two nonfiction that I didn't do that
with--and already one was replaced by a PQ copy,
though  my synopses were kept. I was angry and hurt. I
spend a lot of time and care on my validations and do
not want to see them replaced by a PQ copy. Add the PQ
copy, but please do not delete one that's already
there, at least one of my validations.

I think that when I brought this up I was told that
one aspect of the deal with the publishers was that
there copy has to be the one in the collection. I took
that to mean the only one in the collection, but maybe
the validated copy is by a different publisher? But
that's why I suggested that we find out what
publishers are donating their books--so we won't waste
time scanning and validating them. So far, we've been
told that the only publisher is HarperCollins. Are
there any others?

G.Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hey John,
>
> Fix, the page break and page number issues before
> you start nuking excellent
> books for publisher quality o.k.
>
> Letter perfect in my mind means that my student can
> look up page 137 with
> his or her classmates and get the RIGHT page.
>
> Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
> and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
> juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
> Graduate Alumni Association Board
> www.guidedogs.com
>
> More than Any other time, When i hold a beloved book
> in my hand, my
> limitations fall from me, my spirit is free.
> - Helen Keller

http://www.bookshare.org/web/BooksByAdvancedSearch.html?titlestring=&;

authorstring=&sort=3&language=0&quality=100&copyright=&category%5B%5D

=0%5C%3E%3Clabel+for%3D&operation=submit&submit=Search

> >> Another way to do this is to go to advanced
> search and search for
> >> publisher quality.
> >>
> >> Let me know if you have difficulty.
> >>
> >> Allison