[bookshare-discuss] Re: problems with VictorReader

  • From: "L. Sammons" <lsammons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:53:57 -0700

Hi Laura

I have been getting books from bookshare fore several years and some of them
are quirky. There is another reader available. It is called Book Wizard
Reader. A beta version can be found on the American Printing house for the
blind website www.aph.org

I have used both it and Victor reader, both are quirky. but sometimes a book
will read better on one than the other. Unfortunately the current version of
Book Wizard seems to be less reliable than some of the older ones. I have
downloaded some books where html was the only thing that worked,

Hope this helps some ---- Good luck

Sam Sammons