[bookshare-discuss] Re: [other] Re: page number top or bottom?

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:48:00 -0800

Myself, I prefer them always at the top, lefthand corner, regardless of
where they are in the book.  Makes it easier to delete them if I have a
mind.  That's what I do when I'm prepping a bok for submission.  To me, page
numbers at the bottom of a page make things unnecessarily confusing when
trying to find a certain page.  I think it works for glancing through an
actual book, flipping for a certain page, but when you have a text document
and you're trying to find a particular page, to remember you must search for
the page number *before* the one you actually want in order to be at thhe
top of the page you want is just ... painful.