[bookshare-discuss] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:40:19 -0500

Hi Jamie,

Original message:
Plus, remember, she cannot hear, so she cannot hear the daisy files.
I'm trying to help her find a way to access the new publisher quality daisy only books.

Jamie, my friend, please stop, take a deep breath, and read carefully. The Publisher Quality books which are in DAISY only can be read by those who have the BrailleNote MPower because they are books that are etext. They are *not* audio DAISY books. Many people use the speech feature on their BN's to read books, including the DAISY books. There are, as it happens, audio DAISY, etext DAISY, and combo books. Bookshare books are etext DAISY. you can read the books on the BN if, and only if, her unit is an MPower.

Now if she's got a BN Classic, then you're going to have to do some finnagling. (sp) The thing to do is to download the DAISY books, best on a 'puter not the BN, and when it asks you if you want to save the file as an HTML file, say yes.

Then, bring up the file in MSIE, or she can read the HTML on a classic, I can tell her how, and either read it there, or save it as a TXT file. Then, you can put the TXT file through wintrans if you want to get a braille file.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring