[bookshare-discuss] Re: new books

  • From: "Comcast Mail" <sefzik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:43:10 -0600

Hello,
I am new to this list and I agree. Joni is a wonderful lady! I submitted one
of her children's books, The Amazing secret, in kes format. I submitted it
over break so it is probably in the backlog.
I also submitted Toddie, from the  Orphan train west for young adults series
in kes format. Both of these books scanned well so they should be easy to
validate.
I am a student so I don't have much time to submit books but like to scan
when I can. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and think I can learn a
lot from this list!
I have been a bookshare member for several years now and love it!
I am a braille note user and read my bookshare books on the braille note.
One question I have is how do I unpack a book in Spanish and get it to
display in Spanish? I am taking an introductory Spanish class this semester
and downloaded an easy Clifford book to practice reading in Spanish. I have
the Spanish language software installed on my braille note and when I was
asked if I wanted to review the options for the file I made sure that the
Spanish language was selected. When I pressed inter I got a prompt that said
"cannot load Spanish braille table" and I was unable to read the file.
Also, Iam scanning using kursweil version 9. I love the new voices and
features but how can I be sure that the accent marks scan in Spanish text?
kursweil will read the text in fairly reasonable Spanish but it will not
scan the accent marks. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry for the length of
this post! Mary