[bookshare-discuss] Re: my observation on current proofreading booklist.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:36:00 -0500

That was explained on the volunteer list. If you are going to be proofreading you really should subscribe to that list. There has recently been an influx of new volunteers and Bookshare is now involved in training them. Those multiple books with the same title are books that have been chosen especially because they are of a level that will help with the training of new proofreaders and they have examples of typical scanning errors deliberately introduced and sprinkled throughout. Here is what I would advise. At the top of the checkout list there are links to sort the titles in various orders such as title, author, quality or date added. The default order is date added descending. Clicking each of these links will sort the books in reverse order. I would advise clicking the link for date added. That will cause it to sort in ascending order, that is, oldest first. This gives two advantages. The first one is that you will see the books that have been waiting the longest and so are the most neglected and it is about time that they be moved along by either being added to the collection or rejected. The second advantage is that this sort order tends to push the holds toward the back of the list.

"Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence." - Friedrich Engels

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com