[bookshare-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:41:04 -0600

A State of Disobedience
by Tom Kratman.
The book was published by Baen Books.
Oddly, I remember writing the copyright date and the ISBN number
on the form, but not the publisher.
Did I miss something?'
Anyway here's the synopses I wrote for the book.

  Rottemeyer interrupted "All right then. Goals? I
believe in power, Caroline. Since I was a helpless little
girl and boys were mean to me I have believed in power . . .
and sworn to get it. That's my goal.  "And now I have it.
And I will never let it go."
   After these eight years the party will run the country .
. . and I will run the party. I will never give it up.
   Don't tell me you don't have ideals, Willi."
   "Ideals," mused the other. "Beliefs. I believe that you
can make people better than they are. I believe that people
are basically good until the system makes them bad. I
believe that there is too much untrammeled economic power in
the United States and the world. I believe that if someone
has to have power, I can also use it more wisely, more
benevolently, than anyone else I know."
   "Then why the police state, Willi? And why split it up
the way you are planning?"
   "I'll split it up because I do not trust power that isn't
in my hands. As long as there are fifty law enforcement
agencies competing with and suspicious of each other then my
power is safe. The police state? A lot of people are not
going to like what I think I have to do. And I do not want
them able to fight me on it.  When President Rottemeyer's  thugs
burn out a
catholic mission A chain of events begins which plunges the
country in to a second civil war.  The state of Texas faces
the whole might of a bloated totalitarian federal police
state.  Governor Juanita Montoya, A Priest, a Prostitute,  an
Actor, and the good sense of the Texas and American people face
government where political correctness has run amuck.
A fast reading political thriller and adventure novel, Tom
Kratman has brought a nightmare to life, then showed us the kind
of people who can face her.

Sincerely Yurs,
Duane Iverson