[bookshare-discuss] Re: do the support people respond to questions?

  • From: Brenda Mueller <brendin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:30:20 -0500

Yes, the support people do respond.  Now let's see.  You seem to think that you
have to be subscribed to the library for the blind to get BookShare.

Well, I'm not ordering books from any library for the blind.  I wasn't then
either.  I assure you I'm quite blind.  What did I do? I went to CCat,That's an
office within Defense that deals with people with disabilities.  I got someone
with a title to fill out my stuff.  There was a fax thing, too, to copy out our
print-outs, possibly my signature.  Then we sent stuff and faxed our paper
work.  That's the other way to do it.  Within a day I had my email with my
password and have been downloading books happily after.

Well, now that's not the complete story.  Once my bill came due.

I'm using a voice note version 5.00 build 24.  Wen I saw the promt, I tried to
pay that bill.  I entered all that information, credit card number included.
Most of it was there.  There was a confirmation promt, but when I ran it, it
didn't work.  I tried several times.

I finally wrote to that address:
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I told the man at support what my problem was.  I gave him my information.
It took a day or so, but my bill got paid.

He actually knew why my system couldn't confirm.  He explained it to me.

Well, I'm posting your address so he can help you.

"Jo Taliaferro" <guidemisteps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your first year will cost $75.
After that it's only $50.  You have to pay.

Hope this helps.

You can download 100 books a month.  You see books aren't free.  To get stuff
under copyright, you'll have to pay.  We're paying a lot less for books than
sighties.

Brenda Mueller