[bookshare-discuss] Re: browse more difficult

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:02:08 -0500

On the old site, we used to be able to get all of the books on what was then
called Step 1 all at once. This is useful because you can search the entire
list of books waiting for check out at the same time. Also, you used to get the
entire list of authors under a specific letter on one page, also enabling you
to search for a particular author's name beginning with that letter without
multiple clicking.

I'm not an engineer either, but how stressful can it be for a computer to send
out a list of names with a few hundred entries, or even a thousand, as in the
case of some letters of the alphabet?

Evan