[bookshare-discuss] Re: browse more difficult

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:25:27 -0800 (PST)

I checked it out to see what it was like. It seems to
be in table form without the table, i.e., excel or
some such thing. Maybe if they just put the authors'
names in list form, like word or rtf, the way it was
before, it wouldn't stress the database. All those
extras lines
that divide the authors' names don't seem necessary.

If it worked before, it ought to work now, I should
think--though I'm definitely not an engineer. grin

Cindy

--- EVAN REESE <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> According to Pavi, the engineers say that it
> stresses the database to bring
> the whole list, as they say it does if we were to be
> able to view all of the
> books ready to be proofread. But she says that they
> will keep an eye on
> things and perhaps revisit the issue of letting
> people view all the items in
> those lists some time later.
>
> Evan

AT