[bookshare-discuss] Re: braillelite and large books

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <Richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:46:11 -0400

Hi Sue,

That is true.  I will admit that sometimes, I have thought of splitting some
files, just because I like to delete as a go along, and sometimes, I go the
wrong way.

Here is one way I sometimes do it.  I have a braille display, as well, and
this works for me.

I put my file into a text editor.  I search  for a number, 301, for example.
In the editor, I write cja.  I go one line up, and hit the End key.  I then
save that as a block and give it a name.  If you are reading a book on the
history of Islam, for example, just call it something like islam1.brf.  I
use that example because there is a huge book on that subject.