[bookshare-discuss] bookshare priorities

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 02:16:27 -0500

Liz I read your note with interest. It certainly is strong. It is also well thought out. You bring up good points.

Your concern with priorities truly is a critical point here.
Simply put, we are asking engineering for better tools with which to work as volunteers. One of these tools involves the stripper, headers and footers. The presence of headers and footers is annoying to the end user. They make the book sloppy in a way which was perhaps tolerable six years ago.

Bookshare has matured beyond its beginnings. We volunteers are asking for better fixes to long standing known issues please.

I too work with bookshare and have volunteered for over six years. I too will continue to contribute. I too am concerned about priorities.

We have a dedicated staff and amazing volunteers. Bookshare has high goals. I honor Jim's vision and his ability to begin new projects. I ask bookshare to support his inovation with the strong foundation of tools and engineering support for volunteers and end users.
E.