[bookshare-discuss] Re: books downloaded

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:01:13 -0700

Hi, Sharon, I was one of those people who couldn't accumulate books because
I didn't own them. If I finished them, they were sent away. What's
delightful for me is that I have a personal library or two near me. I think
of the sites as stores or repositories of stuff where I can acquire stuff to
take home, hence the VR Stream's cards, and those for my BrailleNote are my
bookshelves with my books stored on them. I think the difference lies on our
perceptions of what constitutes a "library" or "shelves". Roger, you see the
sites as library shelves whereas I see them as storerooms. My shelves are on
those cards stored in my devices. You were able to have books surrounding
you whereas I was not. What I have on my cards for me is the equivalent of
shelves of books. Regards, Kim. P.S.: I think what you say is absolutely
true and I'm not speaking against your ideas, I'm merely letting you know of
how I perceive this. K.