[bookshare-discuss] book jacket information location

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:55:20 -0800 (PST)

I think different people do it differently.
Personally, I put the cover first--usually have to
type it because it doesn't scan well; then the front
flap; then the back flap; then, if I feel like it, the
back cover. I label each.

Some people, I've noticed as a validator, don't have a
page for the cover but use one of the inside title
pages. Paperback books don't have book jackets, of
course, and one is allowed to omit that information,
though most members like to have it. Some people, and
I think Shelley is one, but I'm not sure I'm
remembering correctly, put the back flap and back
cover at the end, but when the information on the
front flap is continued on the back, it makes more
sense to have them together, in my opinion. Shelley or
whoever it is may only separate them when they aren't
continuous.

HTH

G.Cindy
--- Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking of synopsis,  when should the book jacket
> be scanned, at the end or
> before the beginning of the book? :)
>
> Curtis Delzer

AVAILABLE AT