[bookshare-discuss] blindness restored by operation using patient's eye tooth.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Did any of you see (it was an article on the yahoo.com news page) about the
Florida woman (not anyone whom I recognized a one of our volunteers) (whose
vision was restored by an operation that involved removing her eye tooth and
implanting a lens into hole sculpted in it the yahoo article was from a UPI
article and I think it also said it could be found on nbc.com. The operations
sounds awful to me.I think having known all of you and how well you cope with
blindness that if I became blind at my age I would prefer to adjust to it anad
live with it than to go through that operation.

 she wasn't born blind but had been blinded by a reaction to a medication

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: