[bookshare-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss] Warning? Viruses from benetech?

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:29:17 -0700

Hi, Cindy. There's something about viruses that everyone needs to know. Just
because an email address seems to come from an address you think you know
doesn't mean that it really came from that address, and more importantly, it
doesn't even mean that person with that address has a virus. When someone
gets a virus, that virus attaches itself to any email addresses it finds on
the computer, and they're able to send out viruses, making it look like it
came from any one of those addresses when it really didn't. This means that,
even if the address looks familiar, that doesn't mean that's the person with
the virus. I hope this made sense. *smile* I've gotten pretty good at
telling whether something is a virus based on several things. First, if the
subject line looks strange, I delete it, attachment or not. Second, if the
attachment is pretty sizable, I delete it, and if the address looks like one
I know and there is an attachment but I'm not expecting it, I write the
person from within a new, separate message to find out if they sent me
something before I opened it. Take care.
Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx