[bookshare-discuss] Re: banned books on bookshare

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 00:34:12 -0400

Oh, no, not attacking at all. *smile* Honestly, I don't know. I really don't. But then, my whole outlook on fantasy changed after I read Harry Potter. Before that, there were only a few I liked: LOTR, Narnia, The Belgariad...nothing was ever good enough. LOTR I couldn't help. I started out being skeptical about it and then...my brother borrowed the BBC radio drama from a friend. He'd already finished with the first part, and I was extremely bored one afternoon and let him talk me into listening to it. (He regrets that to this day because I became wildly obsessed and wouldn't shut up about it for at least the first two years. Haha!) But my contradictory behavior was one of the things I had to laugh at when I finally got over my fear and read Harry Potter. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon" <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>