[bookshare-discuss] banned books on bookshare

  • From: "susan l. gerhart" <slger123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:17:03 -0700

Hi, all you story-tellers. as a relatively new kid on the visually impaired
block, I get a kick out of the discussions. and love the dectalk entertainment.

My local AAUW  book club is doing banned books in september. I found a list of
ALA "most challenged" books but I'm not sure these qualified as "banned".
where can I find a good list of books that were banned bit time,and a good
story behind the banning?

 I feel like I'm asking the list to do my home work, guess that's what is
happening.  I'll be glad to assemble a web page of banned books and their
stories, if not already available.

I'm a novice scanner, was thrilled to have my 3rd book accepted recently. You
beterans inspire me.

susan gerhart
blog at http://asyourworldchanges.wordpress.com