[bookshare-discuss] audible is having a sale

  • From: "Traci Evans" <season@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:56:04 -0700

Hi everyone,
I know some of you listen to audible downloaded books.  If you don't, now might
be a good time to try it out.  They have selected books on sale for $4.95.  I
saw a title by Greg Isles, one by Sandra Brown, a Jennifer Crussie, Jane
Castle.  They have a lot more but those are the authors I am familiar with.  I
think they may have something like 150 fiction titles and 150 nonfiction
titles.  I know the site can be iffy but I have minimal problems with Window
Eyes.  Also, if you join for the first time, I think the monthly fee is $7 for
three months and you get one credit each month.  Most of the books I've seen
are 1 credit and I purchased a regularly priced book at  $7 instead of the
whopping $38! If you don't want a monthly fee, you could always try the plan I
had which is a yearly fee of 9.99.  No credits on that plan but it gives you
member status.