  From: Pratik patel
  To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:40 AM
  Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: about the optacan

  Kellie,

  I've found that learning is often a matter of transliterating when necessary.
 If you're able to comprehend large pieces of music and remember them, there
may be hope for you yet.  Visualization is often over-rated.  Learning and
comprehension methods can be transferedd from one medium to another if one can
find a willing imagination in the teacher.  Take chess, for example:  You can
view the chess board as a musical scale.  Combine multiple instruments,
multiple scales, or differentiate pieces and their moves by notes from
different octives.  you can learn chess as easily as someone who is a visual
lerner.  You only have to get used to the learning style and may even need to
create your own.  I can volunteer to teach you chess and its strategies in
terms of music.

  I have a cold too but don't think I'm wasting my time.

  Pratik