[bookshare-discuss] Re: about the optacan

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:44:08 -0800

Yes, that's one of the things I forgot.  I have also used my Optacon to look at
circuit diagrams.  The descriptions in books from RFB&D are not all equally
good.  Some are not good at all; and even the good ones can make mistakes.  I
can look at a circuit diagram in the small portions that you must do it in with
the Optacon, but I can put it together to create the whole picture in my mind
to figure out how the circuit will behave.  I suppose I could do the same thing
by just relying on descriptions, especially for just a one-loop circuit, say,
but as things get more complicated, the descriptions get harder to follow, and
the opportunity for mistakes increases sharply.  I have to admire the people
who volunteer to do this, though.  It's a lot of work, and I've heard some who
were really very good.  Maybe I could do this without an Optacon, but it's a
big help.