[bookshare-discuss] Re: about the optacan

No, Shannon, you won't see the drawings from your kids or of them.  You see
it's reading one character at a time.  Pictures don't work in there.  The
optacon  only scans best on black print with a white page underneath.
Now to read stuff we have to adjust the settings with size and threshhold.  Now
there is another issue with pictures at least in my mind. Most pictures are in
two dimentional, not three, but I imagine things by feeling the whole object.
So what good is a picture in just two dimentions?

Brenda Mueller