[bookshare-discuss] Re: a question about page numbering

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

Mary, That's interesting, because the extra numbers
that do show up are 10 or sometime 15 or 20 more than
the real numbers, and they are sequential. But maybe
they are from brf files that are converted to rtf
before being submitted? I wish I could remember which
books they were in. One, I'm pretty sure, was the
all-in-one-volume of The Dark Is Rising sequence. The
other one or two I don't remember. I thought maybe
they were from txt files that had been coverted to rtf
files. But from what you say below about where
Kurzweil begins numbering, that sounds possible too,
if the scanner didn't  fix it the way you mention --
or are you saying that even if he/she didn't, the
numbers would be hidden and not show up when the file
is converted to rtf? Just curious.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com