[bookshare-discuss] "Wolves of the Calla" problem

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:53:06 -0800

Okay, I found a reason for the "Wolves of the Calla" problem!  Yaaaaaay!!
On Freedom Scientific's website, they discuss the bug-fixes and enhancements
for OpenBook version 7.02, due out this month sometime.  The one of interest is
as follows:

. OpenBook can now open entire books if they are exceptionally long.

Sounds like our Calla catastrophe to me.  Eureka!

Now, the odd thing is that Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin is about as
long as "Wolves" if not a bit longer, and it opened without problems, at least
as far as I could tell.  The book seems to have the right amount of pages.  So
it must not be a hard and fast bug.  But at least now I know what happened.