[bookshare-discuss] The Scifi Discussion Group meeting is archived.

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:17:30 -0800

            ACCESSIBLE WORLD SCIENCE FICTION GROUP DISCUSSES GANNYMEDE has been
posted to
the Science Fiction Discussion Group Archives and can also be found on the
front page of http://accessibleworld.org/ under the "Recent Content" heading.

The link to the full description of the archive is below:
http://accessibleworld.org/content/accessible-world-science-fiction-group-discusses-gannymede-0

Science Fiction Discussion Group description:

Hello Folks,
  > Not quite as many people as usual made it to the meeting last night,
  > (probably holiday preparations had something to do with that), but most
  > of those who did make it did not much like the book we read this month,
  > Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds.
  > For this month, we've selected something quite a bit shorter, a mystery
  > set on Jupiter's moon Ganymede by one of the masters of the field. For
  > the next meeting,, we're reading Against Infinity by Gregory Benford.
  > Our next meeting will be held on January 12, 2012.
  > Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00
UTC.
  > Place, Book Nook at:
  > http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e
  >
  > Bookshare has a copy of this book at:
  > http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/4692
  >
  > but it is rated only good.
  > You can find the BARD copy at:
  > http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.19574
  > Here's the NLS synopsis:
  > While terraforming Jupiter's giant, barren moon, Ganymede, earth
  > colonists encounter a mysterious alien life form billions of years old.

  > Hope you all have a great holiday season, and that more new people will
  > join us in the new year to read and talk about science fiction.
  > Evan

J. R. Westmoreland, Group Facilitator
Email: jr@xxxxxxx

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the
disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly
relevant information about new products, services, and training opportunities
designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access barriers that
adversely affect them.
http://accessibleworld.org/

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used computers to
us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer, please mail us at the
above address.