[bookshare-discuss] Re: Submitting Publisher Quality Books

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:56:22 EST

It is my understanding that only publishers submit publisher quality books.
There is apparently a glitch on the new site that is causing excellent quality
books to show as publisher quality. An experience I had was that I was
submitting a freshly proofread book and it showed as publisher quality. Since I
did
not understand how that could be I was going to just leave it like that, but I
did click the link to change the metadata because I wanted to add another
category. When I got to the next page the quality read as excellent. After I
added
the category and saved my change I was taken back to the previous page and
that was reading excellent now. I had not touched the quality field.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Submitting Publisher Quality Books
Date:
1/25/2009 12:29:39 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
nancy_feldman@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi,

I downloaded two books that I'm interested in validating.  Both were
submitted by Bookshare volunteers, but both also indicated that they were of
Publisher
quality, not excellent quality.

For those who submit books, when do you decide to mark a scan as publisher
quality, and not just Excellent.  I ask because the scanning process almost
inevitably
introduces a few errors, so I was curious what your distinction was.  For
instance, is it a particularly high ranked spelling result from Kurzweil, or
something else?

The first book I'm reviewing has thus far had no errors, so the ranking seems
reasonably accurate, but I was just a little surprised.  I guess I expected
only books coming from the Bookshare office to be marked in such a fashion.

Thanks,

Nancy

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26
bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)