[bookshare-discuss] Something I've been meaning to scan

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 06:16:08 -0500

Hi, all.

I've been meaning to scan this for some time now, as it is one of the best
books I've ever read. I'm wondering if someone wants to proof it. This is
Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher. The synopsis is
below:

Why would a talented young girl go through the looking glass and step into a
netherworld where up is down and food is greed, where death is honor and flesh
is weak? Why enter into a love affair with hunger, drugs, sex, and death? Marya
Hornbacher sustains both anorexia and bulimia through five lengthy
hospitalizations, endless therapy, and the loss of family, friends, jobs, and
ultimately, any sense of what it means to be "normal." By the time she is in
college, Hornbacher is in the grip of a bout with anorexia so horrifying that
it will forever put to rest the romance of wasting away. In this vivid,
emotionally wrenching memoir, she re-created the experience and illuminated
that tangle of personal, family, and cultural causes underlying eating
disorders. Wasted is the story of one woman's travels to the darker side of
reality, and her decision to find her way back--on her own terms.

This has some very disturbing content, as it describes, in vivid detail, the
process of self-starvation. If you're interested in proofreading this, contact
me at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx
and I'll hold it for you.

Are you a fan of women's music? If so, check out the Eclectic Collection: A
Celebration of Women In Music, each Wednesday evening from 7 to 9 eastern.
www.radio360.us