[bookshare-discuss] Site appears to be working now

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:03:04 -0500

Well I can log in and actually see my name now.

I suspect that my submission problems are because of my cookies they were
before.

Anyway, tried to submit and since I have the book jacket would share.

In Hitler's Shadow An Israeli's Journey into Germany Neo-Nazi Movement

By Yaron Svory and Nick Taylor

So I hope to get it up tomorrow.
In September 1992 Yaron Svoray, an Israeli journalist, was traveling in
Germany when he met a young man, a skinhead, who, taking Svoray to be a
sympathetic American and not realizing he was Jewish, introduced him to the
semisecret world of German neo-Nazism.  In a short time, Svoray contacted
the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles and, with the center's backing,
returned to Germany under the name of "Ron Furey," the American
representative of a fictitious right-wing organization.
So began a remarkable and shocking series of encounters between Svoray and
members of Germany's neo-Nazi underground. Putting himself at great personal
risk and constantly fearing that his identity would be discovered, Svoray
met-and documented with hidden cameras and recording devices-a terrifying
array of believers both young and old whose reach, he was shocked to find
out, extends throughout Germany and beyond. He came across brutal young
skinheads; paramilitary training camps that have sent neo-Nazi fighters to
support Croatian soldiers in the former Yugoslavia; a network of committed
neo-Nazis who are using their money and connections to establish political
organizations; and politicians of the far right who cloak their connections
to the movement in nationalist rhetoric.

In Hitler's Shadow is a sobering report on the real threat that is posed by
Germany's neo-Nazi movement, and a startling portrayal of the dangerous
personalities behind it, told by a man of immense courage who has penetrated
its heart of darkness.

YARON SVORAY has been a paratrooper in the Israeli Defense Force and a
detective in Israel's Central Police Command, and is currently an
investigative journalist. He lives in Israel. NICK TAYLOR is the author of
four previous works of nonfiction: Bass Wars, Sins of the Father, Ordinary
Miraclesand A Necessary End. He lives in New York.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com