[bookshare-discuss] Re: Romance book club reminder

  • From: "Stu Turk" <stuturk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:29:59 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   [....]
> .  However, if you want a good old fashioned
> romance with really good characters, try The Girl Of The Limberlost by
> Jean Straton Porter.  This is in the public domain and can be gotten
> from bookshare, Gutenberg and has just been released on NLS digital.
   [....]

I'd like to second recommending Stratton-Porter's "Girl of the Limberlost"
and in addition I believe there is a sort of sequel, or at least a book that
includes some of the same characters, that I think is titled "Freckles."
Another Stratton-Porter book that can be classed as romance is about a young
girls perspective of her older brother's courting a neighbor girl amount
other happenings is titled "Laddie" and is highly recommended.