[bookshare-discuss] Re: Romance book club reminder

  • From: "Shannon C." <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:11:42 -0500

Ahh, a book club reading something I have read recently. I will be there.

Shannon C.

At 08:16 PM 4/15/2008, Silvara wrote:
Hi Everyone:

I hope you are enjoying reading Thunder and Roses. This is my second time reading it and I still like the book. I've forgotten quite a bit. *smile* There's 3 days left so happy reading.

Please join us on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 6:00 p.m. Pacific in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room <blocked::http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e>http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e
to discuss:

Thunder and Roses (Fallen Angel Series) by Mary Jo Putney (available at bookshare.org or through the National Library Service as WebBraille BR009618 or <blocked::file://cassette/>cassette RC037997)
Synopsis:
They called him the Demon Earl. They said he could do anything. Son of a rogue and a gypsy, Nicholas Davies was a notorious rake until a shattering betrayal left him alone and embittered in the Welsh countryside.

Desperation drives quiet schoolteacher Clare Morgan to ask the Demon Earl to help save her village. Unwilling to involve himself in the problems of others, Nicholas sets an impossible price on his aid? only if Clare agrees to live with him for three months, letting the world think the worst, will he intervene. furiously, Clare accepts his outrageous challenge, and finds herself drawn into a glittering Regency world of danger and desire. As allies, she and Nicholas fight to save her community. As adversaries, they explore the hazardous terrain of power and sensuality. And as lovers, they surrender to a passion that threaten the very foundations of their lives.

As always, we welcome your suggestions for whatever books you might like us to read in the future.

The Romance Book Club Team

Grace Pires, Email
<blocked::mailto:silvara@xxxxxxx>silvara@xxxxxxx

Susan Lumpkin, Email,
<blocked::mailto:slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*****
Grace

Please sponsor me in the march for independence, Walk for Opportunity in Dallas Texas. Any amount will help, no matter how small.
Proceeds benefit the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan institute.
<http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040>http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

Checked by AVG.