[bookshare-discuss] Reading--timing can be everything

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:17:53 -0800 (PST)

Our daughter treated my husband and I to a performance
of the show that's being produced based on Tom
Lehrer's songs (I don't remember the title). It was
amusing, but definitely not as  amusing as when Tom
Lehrer performed them --and we have the records he
made. The timing, as you mentioned about Lake
WObegon's Talking book, waas not the same and the
songs didn't have the punch and satire.

I wonder why Garrison Keilor didn't read the book
himself? Nowadays I see that a lot of the talking
books kn the library are read by the
authors--although, having heard a variety of authors
read on tv and at book signings, I must say that some
do well and some do not.