[bookshare-discuss] Re: Rangers

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

W0w!!

The Ghost Soldiers story was told--re-enacted-- on an
American Experience episode om PBS. In trying to
referesh my memory as to where I saw it, I discovered
that Spielberg is making a movie based on the book.

There was also a book Three Came Home, about an
English woman, her son, and her husband who were
captured by the Japanese and interned in a
concentration camp. I know I saw the movie, which was
wonderful. I thought I'd also read the book, but
reading a reader's review in Amazon I don't remember
the "descriptive and flowery" parts or the racist
comments. It does describe  in a way that will stay
with you what they went through in the camp--at least
the movie does. I still have the images over 50 years
later.

Cindy