[bookshare-discuss] Re: Question about book, Healing Wise

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:50:52 -0600

Hi Elaine.

What kind of computer are you running? xp home? xp professional? mac? and which
version of Kurzweil are you running? 7? 8? 9? or 10?

Just for your information, Kurzweil released a patch about a week ago to
accomodate the new bookshare site. If you haven't done it, you may want to
check for updates.

When I downloaded the book I got the following files:
daisy.css
daisyTransform.xsl
dtbook-2005-2.dtd
Healing_Wise_f1.sml
Healing_Wise_f1.ncx
Healing_Wise_f1.opf
Healing_Wise_f1.xml
and html.css

These are the types of files we usually get with the new bookshare format when
we download the daisy version.

You can read the Healing_Wise_f1.xml with your web browser, or the
Healing_Wise_f1.opf with Kurzweil. the rest of the files are pretty useless.

Someone, Monica I believe, gave a good description of unzip utilities you can
use to get these books, so I won't try to replicate her great effort here.

Hope this helps.

Bob