[bookshare-discuss] Re: Queestionss:

  • From: "Rui Cabral" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 01:25:25 -0400

Hi dorothy:
I will address 2 points. First off, here is what you need to look for when
validating a book.
The following paragraph is quoted from Jesse Fahnestock on August 13TH.

 1. The book is not already on Bookshare.org, or if
 it is, that it is being submitted as a superior replacement or transcribed
Braille copy.
 2. The book is not an eBook acquired under
 proprietary agreement (e.g. a commercial eBook, a
 book from WebBraille, etc.)
 3. The copyright name and date are included.
 4. The title and author are included somewhere in the book.
 5. The book is not missing multiple pages of core
 content (core content does not include tables of
 contents, indeces, picture pages, or other front or
 back matter and the like).
 6. The book is readable.

 If a book meets all of these requirements, you may
 absolutely accept the book. Indeed, I encourage it.
 If the book is missing page numbers, or has running
 headers, or the table of contents is jumbled, or the
 title page is missing (but the above info is still
 available), those are not bases for rejecting the book.
--
Dorothy I hope that helped.
Also, in your message below, you described a book that probably should be

-- Rui
http://members.cox.net/booksharescans