[bookshare-discuss] Re: Publisher Quality books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 19:25:06 -0600

I'll second that also. When it came to timeliness of getting newly published books that are on everyone's must read list, I used to feel like I was riding not only in the back of the bus but on the back bumper of the bus. smile. Bookshare has changed all that. Case in point: Harry Potter books! We had access to them in a form we can read as fast as anyone who can read a print book.

Judy s.

talmage@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Isn't that the truth!
Sitting around and listening to others discuss recent releases that I wouldn't have had a chance to read for years, if ever, was not an enjoyable feeling. Now I'm amazed to find quite often that I've already finished books friends are just trying to obtain. Thanks Bookshare, with a special endorsement for your NY Times Best Sellers!

Dave

That, my friends, is a total rush for me! I used to sit smiling at dinner tables and in other gatherings while people around me discussed the latest books. Now, *I* can do it too! That, I am afraid puts things into perspective for me pretty darn quick.

Ann P.