[bookshare-discuss] Re: Proof reading?-Question about volunteer work

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:41:42 -0400

Basically, it is reading through the book looking for scanning errors and correcting them. Note that I said basically. There is more to it than that. I would suggest reading the volunteer manual and especially the sections that discuss proofreading. I would also suggest subscribing to the volunteer list where you can ask any questions that might come up.

On 7/23/2012 6:26 PM, Dianne B. Phelps wrote:

What is involved with proof reading. I spend far too much time on this computer; however, I would be happy to sit and proof read. I am not up to scanning books because I don't sit at the desk well. I would love to be able to do something to assist Book Share because I so believe in their mission as it has blessed my life so much.

If someone wants to contact me off list to tell me what is involved with proof reading, that would be fine.

Dianne

d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx