[bookshare-discuss] Re: Please Don't Feed The Troll - smile

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:56:08 EST

By saying that I have said here that I love to stir things up just for the
fun I get out of it you are the second person who has misrepresented what I
really did say. I can only suppose that you are referring to the comment I made
about getting some gratification out of being insulted and called names on
another message board. Again, what I meant by that was when someone does that
it
means that they do not actually have a response to the arguments I have made
and
so I get the gratification of knowing that my arguments were sound. As for
the definition of troll, it fails to describe me in that my purpose is not to
provoke an emotional response or to inflame others. If I happen to do so I
don't
shy away from it. That is the problem of the ones who feel provoked. My
purpose is more of a matter that I have some very strong principles and feel
extremely strongly about certain things and my entire life has involved
speaking out
about those matters. It really is hard to face injustice and enforced
ignorance without reacting against it.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Please Don't Feed The Troll - smile
Date:
1/22/2009 10:23:29 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Cindy, Sharon and Patti, Roger is trolling every time someone
posts regarding Christianity, and has done so since he came on
the list.

If you're not familiar with the term "troll" or "internet troll,"
here's a definition from Wikipedia:

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone
who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic
messages in an online community, such as an online discussion
forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users
into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal
on-topic discussion"

The best way to handle trolling (again I'll quote from Wikipedia,
as they put it well) is simple: "Do not feed the troll."  You'll
find that abbreviated as "D-N-F-T" or "D-F-T-T" in Internet slang.

Put simply: you'll drive yourself crazy by getting sucked into a
discussion with someone who is trolling.  Consider just ignoring
a troll's posts when he or she is trolling.  Provoking a response
is what a troll enjoys. Roger himself has posted here that he
loves to stir things up just for the fun he gets out of it. grin.

Judy s.
  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)