[bookshare-discuss] Playing DRM-Protected WMA Content RE: Re: Best portable reader?

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:48:32 -0400

Just a quick comment: If you want to play DRM-protected WMA content (and
actually, this applies to several other DRM-protected audio and video file
types as well) on a player which doesn't support the DRM, once the file's
able to be played on your PC (i.e., you've obtained the license for your PC
from iTunes, NetLibrary, wherever), you can then use a program like
SoundTaxi (www.soundtaxi.info, with JAWS scripts for JAWS 8.0.2173 or 9 at
http://www.hartgen.org/miscellaneous.html under the SoundTaxi heading) to
remove the DRM restrictions and convert it to something like an unprotected
MP3 file which can be played in any player that supports MP3 (including the
Stream).

HTH,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic