[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT accent marks

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:19:39 -0400

Hi Amber and others,

I'm a Spanish minor, or at least I used to be one til I changed my mind, but
have done two years of college Spanish classes.  I used the commands I've
listed below, I found them easier than to use the menus.  They seem
complicated at first, but once you memorise them, they become second nature
and really fast.  Not only that, but if you play around with the concept of
number combos, you can figure out how to make a lot of different types of
interesting characters, like fractions, broken bar sympols, degrees signs,
etc.  Hope these will help.
Here ya go:

Spanish symbols:

Note: The Numlock needs to be on for these to work.
Use num pad for the below numbers.
The alt key must be held down while each of the numbers are pressed
consecutively, one right after the other, not at once.

Accented a: alt 1 6 0.
Accented i: alt 1 6 1.
Accented o, alt 1 6 2.
Accented u: alt 1 6 3.
ñ, looks like an n with a squiggly over it, pronounced n-ya: alt 1 6 4.
Capital n-ya: alt 1 6 5.
Inverted question mark: alt 1 6 8.
Inverted Exclamation mark: alt 1 7 3.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to write me off list if you have any other
questions.  I've been there, done that, so to speak. <smile>.

Best,
Allison
alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx

"It takes a lot of time to be a genius, you have to sit around so much doing
nothing, really doing nothing."
(Gertrude Stein, writer, everybody's autobiography)