[bookshare-discuss] OT: WWII survival

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:06:30 -0700 (PDT)

Not about the Holocaust, but about survival, escape
and WWII. I picked up a paperback that looked
interesting to me, though I haven't read it yet,
entitled We Die Alone, by Ddavid Howarth. According to
the cover, it's a WWII Epic of Escape and Endurance.
David Howarth "ran a spy rign from which this volume
..." derives. It's about a member of the Norwegian
resistance who was the only surviver or a Nazi ambush
of his commando group and who managed to cross the
arctic regions and escape. I haven't read ait yet, so
I don't know if it's well-written or is as "gripping"
as it's supposed to be, but I suspect it is.

For those who like stories of escape and bravery it
sounds like a good read.

Cindy

Yahoo! Mail