[bookshare-discuss] Re: O_T Liz H.'s Dog

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:07:01 -0500

Dear Patti, and Dog Loving Booksharian Friends,

It's very cool that many of us treat the announcement that one of us has gotten
a new guide dog, as a birth announcement. It is a major and usually very
positive change in the new team's lives.

Patti, I still remember your kind offer to talk to me off list when Popeye my
mother's dog, who I'd looked after for a few years after my mother passed away,
Died a few springs ago. Blackberry isn't as devastated as she was and neither
am I but we both still miss him and Blackberry still won't play with her toys
any more. There is as much compassion on this list when one of our dogs, guide
or pet, dies as there is shared jubilation when a new team forms.

Always with love,

Lissi