[bookshare-discuss] Re: Not here

I consider myself very lucky indeed. When I joined Bookshare, I was told 
requests were usually sent to NLS on a Wednesday. It was around a week, 
maybe a little more, but definitely no more than two, before I had my 
disability verification and could join. I love Bookshare and really feel for 
those of you who have had to and are waiting longer than I did. *smile* Take 
care.
Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: mercy0421
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:34 AM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Not here


   Ernie,
    I think what you received was an acknowledgement of your registration,
not the disability verification.  That will be a separate Email.  It can
sometimes take up to several weeks to hear back from NLS.  Thanks.


________________________
Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ernie bonner" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Not here


> Hi Peter,
>
> I got an e-mail on April 29 saying that I had been approved.  I was
> instructed to e-mail somebody back, (possibly you,) and I would be sent
> instructions as to how to proceed.
>
> If that was a goof, that's cool, I can wait.
>
> Just curious, though since the request for verification went to Nls
> several
> weeks ago.
>
> Please inform me as to what's happenin'
>
> Ernie
> Impatient in the United states
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 12:00 PM
> Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Not here
>
>
>> Hi Ernie,
>>    Your proof of disability request is still in process.  Once the
>> verification is received from NLS, you will receive Email with further
>> instructions.  Thanks.
>>
>>
>> ________________________
>> Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
>> Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
>> www.bookshare.org
>>
>> A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
>> peter @benetech.org
>> www.benetech.org
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "ernie bonner" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 11:10 AM
>> Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Not here
>>
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> My name is Ernie, and I am officially not here.
>>>
>>> I have been approved, and registered; but I haven't received any info as
>>> to how to send in my doe.
>>>
>>> I got an e-mail about a week and a half ago, to which I replied.  I'm
>>> still awaiting instructions.  Is this normal, or is there something else
>>> I
>>> should do?
>>>
>>> Ernie
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.10 - Release Date: 5/13/2005
>>
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.10 - Release Date: 5/13/2005
>
>





Other related posts: