[bookshare-discuss] Re: (No Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:31:16 -0500

That class sounds very interesting, Ann. Glad you're one of the presenters.
*smile*

--

Blessings.

Lynnsky

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Parsons [mailto:akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:26 AM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: (No Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:31:16 -0500

Hi all,

There's a wonderful book out from National Braille Press called Google It.
It's by Anna Dresner. She covers these ways of searching in her first fiew
chapters and then goes on to Google specifics.  But the Bolean searches, the
searches with quotes and so on are all covered in there.  You can get it in
Braille or in what they called Pocket Book.
That's e-text.  It's well worth the price of $5.00 or something similar.  I
forget the exact price, but I know it's around $5.00.  I wonder if there's
anything in the collection to help with searches?  Is
there anything on libraries or computer searching?   Might be worth a
search on its own.

Accessible World, Classroom of the future is planning a class on searching
the net in June I believe.  I think it's june.  <quirky grin> I better find
out.  I'm supposed to be one of the presenters.  Yikes!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring