[bookshare-discuss] Re: Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, October 8, 2009

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 23:35:50 -0700

Hi, Evan, many thanks for the information. I started appreciating SF because
of a radio show called "Hour 25" on a Pacifica station. There would be
author interviews, readings of short stories, talk about films, and it
covered mainly SF, but I heard about horror fiction, some fantasy fiction,
and comic books. Some of the authors who were guests on the program were
Marion Zimmer Bradley, David Gerrold, Octavia E. Butler, Frederick Pohl,
Anne McCaffrey, Diane Duane, etc. I got to liking SF more, so I got The
Caves of Steel by Asimov. The only comment I can make about what you said is
that tastes vary. What authors might suit me may not be interesting to you.
I have The Unreasoning Mask and will read it. Regards, Kim.

  _____

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hi, Evan, does the SF book club meet at accessibleworld.org? I can remember
that address as it's short. With regard to Charles Stross, I've read his
Manfred Max stories in Asimov's SF magazine, but I couldn't get into those
stories nor could I identify with the characters or the culture. I don't
think I'll read this one. Regards, Kim.

  _____