[bookshare-discuss] Re: Newspapers

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <Richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:16:41 -0400

Hi Patti,

Here is how I handle newspapers.

Before I transfer the paper from the computer to my Braille Lite, I put it
into WordPad and do a search and replace.  Most dashes in the files have
spaces around them.  so I replace space hyphen hyphen space with hyphen
hyphen.  Then, I save and exit.  I do this because it has the effect of
making things paragraph properly in the BLT.

I then transfer the file to the BLT with WinDisk.  I open the file on the
unit.

I then look for the words, "Begin Content."  These words are both
capitalized.  I set a mark, go to the beginning of the file, and delete all
prior material.

I move from section to section by searching for letter sign, capital S
colon.  I use capital a colon to look for articles.