[bookshare-discuss] My response to a complaint

  • From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:58:42 -0800

Sue, just as you found my response harsh, I find yours to be. However, I
think you made good points. I have noted I'm in an especially cranky mode
due to non-Bookshare issues and these just add some mild icing on the cake.
I realized I need to tone down.

About off-topic, I had supported that generally, if you read my earlier
emails. The one I responded to for which you rook offence was one clearly an
overlap of the volunteer list. *Personally*, which is not my call, I have no
more decision-making than anyone else, I just hope this list doesn't become
a copy of that. Someone else wrote in saying she likes to see the lists of
books submitted to know what's coming, and maybe to validate some, but is
not a volunteer. (She'll need to become one if she wants to validate, but
that's another issue.) ALL of our viewpoints are *equal*.

And none of us are the list moderator. There isn't a moderator in the
traditional sense of email lists: someone who reads every post and has
authority to decide if a post if allowed or not. My comment abut a scanning
question being perfect for the volunteer list was just that, at face value.
I did not say the post did not belong here or any such thing.

I *am* sorry if I offended you. I believe all viewpoints are of equal weight
unless out-and-out personal attacks, flaming. I don't believe I've done
that.

I have ranted against the PQ books *and offered a relatively simple
solution* until they are quickly accessible. I have brought up discussion
about volunteer issues showing up here, which segued by others into a
discussion of off-topic stuff. Really, that's all.

But I do note my current "bite" which I don't like so I'm bowing out at this
time. I don't want to continue to offend people.

Liz in Portland

Liz Halperin
Portland, OR
lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx